Marble Cake is a spongy cake with the rich and delicious aroma of vanilla and chocolate. It is moist, fluffy and tasty too. You can pack it in your kids snack box for a sweet delight.
This pretty cake is a combination of vanilla and chocolate batters that are swirled together just before baking to give that wonderful marble effect. I have used a non-stick deep pan to bake this cake.
The exciting thing about this cake is that each time you will get new patterns in the cake. It is a perfect treat to anyone. Do give a try.
You can also find more cake recipe like Ghee cake
- 250 gms all purpose flour
- 250 gms powdered sugar
- 200 gms butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Mix the flour and baking powder together and sieve. Set aside.
- In a bowl beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Keep aside.
- Take another bowl, beat the eggs until it foams up and add vanilla essence.
- Add sifted flour and beat until combined.
- Then add butter sugar mixture into it and beat at medium speed.
- Divide the batter into two portions. Stir cocoa powder into one portion and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease it with some butter.
- Pour the plain batter and distribute evenly.
- Pour the cocoa batter in the middle of pan and lightly swirl the cocoa batter with a fork.
- Cook for 5 minutes in a high flame then at low flame for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with a hot cup of tea.
step by step pictorial recipe
1. Sieve flour and baking powder.
2. Beat butter and powdered sugar.keep aside.
3. Beat eggs until it foams up and add vanilla essence.
4. Add sifted flour and beat.
5. Add butter sugar mixture and beat.
6. Divide the batter into two portions and add cocoa powder in one portion.
7. Heat a nonstick pan and grease some butter.
8. Pour the plain batter then the cocoa batter and swirl the cocoa batter with a fork.
9. Cook for 5 minutes in high flame then at low flame for 30-35 minutes.