I come from the north side of kerala, which is called as Malabar. This area is very well known for its wide variety of snacks. Whenever I have plantains I am tempted to make Kaipola or Banana cake.
Kaipola is sweet combination of egg and banana. The best part is that the recipe is not only very tasty but very east to prepare.
It is often served for breakfast or relished as an evening snack. It is highly nutritious, rich in flavour and extremely yummy too. Off to the recipe…..
Recipe type: Snacks Serves: 10 pieces
- 3 Ripe plantains
- 5 eggs
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 5 cashewnuts
- 5 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp ghee
- Cut the plantains into small square pieces.
- Heat oil in a non-stick sauce pan and fry the bananas till it get golden brown colour. Keep aside.
- In the same pan fry cashewnuts and keep aside.
- In a blender add eggs, sugar and cardamom powder blend until all ingredients are combined.
- Mix the fried bananas and cashews in the egg mixture.
- Heat ghee in the same non-stick pan and pour the mixture.
- Cook covered in a low flame for 40 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another 10 minutes in a low flame.
- Remove from the flame and serve.
Step by step pictorial recipe
1. Cut the plantains in small pieces.Fry cashews and plantain seperately in a nonstick pan.
2. In blender blend eggs, sugar and cardamom powder.
3. Mix fried banana and cashewnuts in the egg mixture.
4. Heat ghee in the same nontick pan and pour the mixture.
5. Cook covered for 40-45 minutes at low flame. Flip and cook for another 10 minutes at low flame.
6. Serve and enjoy!