Chicken Mutabak rice
Hello my lovely readers!! Today I am here with an Arabian dish Chicken Mutabak rice. This is one of the easy version of Arabian rices.
Chicken Mutabak rice is a fragrant and lightly spiced dish from Arabia. These rice are not spicy as in hot but spicy as in fragrant.
The meat is cooked in many different ways. Here the chicken and rice are cooked together. I have also served Tandoori chicken with the rice. Rice looks gorgeous enough to become the centrepiece for any festive table.
Recipe type: Rice Serves: 2
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 3 small chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp rose water
- Tandoori chicken (2 leg piece for serving)
- Cook the chicken with pepper, salt and enough water. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and saute onions and green chillies until its raw smell disappears.
- Add garamasala and mix well.
- Add chicken stock along with the chicken pieces (chicken stock should be 2 cups as the rice is 1 cup, if stock water is less add extra water as required)
- Add rice once the water starts boiling.
- Close the lid and cook on medium flame for 1 whistle. Simmer after first whistle and off the flame before second whistle.
- When the pressure is completely released from the cooker open the lid.
- Add rose water and mix well.
- Serve hot with Tandoori or any grilled chicken.