Mutton Thala curry
Mutton Thala curry, sounds weird right? Coming to today’s recipe, Mutton thala curry is a very delicious, aromatic and authentic curry prepared in malabar region. It is also a popular dish in Tamilnadu.
Today I am preparing thala curry in authentic malabar style with coconut milk. This curry is so delicious and goes well with pathiri, orotti, palappam and even ghee rice. Let’s see how we can prepare….
- 1 mutton thala
- 2 onion chopped
- 4 green chillies
- 1 tomato chopped
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp red chilly powder
- 3 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- few curry leaves
- few coriander & mint leaves
- Salt as required
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add onion, green chilly and curry leaves cook till onion turn golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and tomatoes saute until mushy.
- Now add all masala powders and mix well.
- Finally add mutton thala, salt and water as needed. Cook for 5-6 whistle.
- Once cooked pour the coconut milk and let it boil for few minutes.
- Sprinkle some chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve hot with pathiri or orotti.
step by step pictorial recipe
1. Heat oil in cooker and saute onions, greenchillies, tomatoes,gingergarlic paste and curry leaves.
2. Add all masala powders and mix well.
3. Add mutton thala, salt and water.
4. Pressure cook for 5-6 whistle.
5. Add coconut milk and boil for few minutes.
6. Sprinkle some chopped coriander and mint leaves.
7. Serve hot with pathiri or orotti.