Flan is a popular creamy custard dessert in Spain and all over Latin America, there are many version of it.
Caramel Flan is a delicious custard with a layer of soft creamy caramel sauce. With the use of simple ingredients this dessert really makes yummy.
All of my favourite recipes are ones that my mom taught me, this is one of them. This pudding is prepared using bread, egg and milk which gives perfect silky like texture. I have used steaming technique for the preparation of flan. This is simple and perfect for a quick treat.
The exotic flavour of caramel and custard really melts in your mouth. Here is how to make it.
- 500 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 slice bread
- 3 tbsp condensed milk
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tsp sugar (for caramelising)
- In a blender combine egg, milk, bread, condensed milk and sugar and blend nicely.
- Add vanilla essence into it. Keep aside.
- Take an aluminium mould or pudding cups, sprinkle 3 tsp sugar and heat until it turns golden brown.
- Pour the prepared mixture into the caramelised mould.
- Cover the mould with an aluminium foil and steam it for 25-30 minutes.
- Demould and refrigerate for an hour.
- Serve chilled.
Step by step pictorial recipe