Chocolate Ganache Cake
It was my hubby’s birthday and I thought of making a cake with strong chocolate flavour. This dense cake offers an intense chocolate experience.
This super soft moist cake is very simple to make. I had already prepared basic chocolate cake yesterday, so today for assembling the cake the only thing that I want to do is the preparation of chocolate ganache. Here I have used dark chocolate for making ganache. You can even use milk chocolate if you don’t want a strong chocolate flavour. Let’s move on to the recipe.
Check out the related recipe Chocolate Cake
Recipe type: Cakes Serves: 1 cake
- 1 chocolate cake
- 1 3/4 cup fresh cream
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate or milk chocolate (grated)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- few cherries
- chocolate grated (for garnish)
- Heat fresh cream over medium heat until hot and remove from the flame.
- Stir in grated chocolate until melted and smooth. Let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Refrigerate half of the ganache for 1 hour, keep the remaining ganache at room temperature.
- Cut the chocolate cake horizontally into two layers. Place one layer on the plate or cake board.
- Dissolve sugar in milk and keep aside.
- Brush 1/4 cup milk all over the cake.
- Take the chilled chocolate ganache and spread evenly on the cake.
- Moisten the second layer of cake with the remaining milk.
- Then place it over the first layer and gently press the cake.
- Now pour the chocolate ganache(at room temperature) all over the cake.
- Top the cake with grated chocolate and some whole cherries.
- Refrigerate the cake for 1-2 hours.
- Serve chilled.