Malabar mutton curry
Malabar mutton curry is very delicious, aromatic and authentic curry. This goes well with pattiri, palappam, ghee rice and even chappathi. Key ingredient of this recipe is thick coconut milk. Let’s see how we can prepare….
Recipe type: Curry
- 500 gms mutton
- 2 onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 3-4 green chillies
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp red chilly powder
- 3 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garamasala powder
- 1 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- Few curry leaves
- Few coriander leaves
- Salt as required
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add onion, green chilly and curry leaves cook till onion turn trasparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and tomatoes saute until mushy.
- Now add all masala powders and mix well.
- Finally add mutton pieces, salt and water as needed. Cook for 5-6 whistle.
- Once cooked pour the coconut milk and let it boil for few minutes.
- Sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with pathiri, palappam or ghee rice.