Bread pockets are quick and easy snack with fried bread slices filled with your favourite stuffings. Here I used chicken along with some veggies and mayyonaise.
This pocket is crunchy outside and creamy inside. These make for a good starter at parties. Do try it.
Recipe type: Snacks Serves: 4
- 100 gms boneless chicken
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated
- 4 tbsp mayyonaise
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 10 bread slices
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Water as required to prepare batter
- Salt as required
- Oil ( for deep frying)
- Marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric, red chilly powder and salt.
- Shallow fry the chicken. Shred it and keep aside.
- In a bowl, combine cabbage, carrot, chicken, mayyonaise, salt and pepper. Keep aside.
- Mix all purpose flour with water to form a thick flowing consistency batter. Set aside.
- Cut all bead slices into round shape with a lid or round shape cookie cutter.
- Put one bread disc over another and take together then dip in flour batter and roll out in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the bread disc until it turns golden brown.
- Cut these bread disc to two halves and open to make pockets.
- Stuff it with the prepared chicken fillings.
- Serve hot with a cup of tea.
step by step pictorial recipe