Chicken fried rice
Fried rice is a dish that originated in china but is made all around the World. The Indo-Chinese version of fried rice has become one of the favourites amoung all Indians.
Any combination of vegetables or meat can be used depending on what is available on hand. I have used chicken along with some veggies and egg.
This simple rice can be served with chilly chicken or gobi manchurian for any parties. It is also a good option for your kids lunch box. Off to the recipe…
Recipe type: Rice Serves: 3-4
- 2 cup basmati rice (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 1 cup boneless chicken(cooked with pepper & salt and shredded)
- 1/2 cup carrot (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup beans
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic chopped
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp pepper powder
- 1-2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp chilly sauce
- 2 maggi chicken cubes
- few coriander leaves
- Cook the rice adding 5 cup water and salt till it is cooked three forth. Strain the remaining water, sprinkle 1 tbsp oil on it and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, crack eggs into the pan and scramble the eggs using a spatula, sprinkle some pepper and salt. Keep aside.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a deep pan, add garlic, onion, carrot and beans, saute for a few seconds and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add the shredded chicken and stir.
- Now add the cooked rice, soya sauce, tomato ketchup, chilly sauce, egg, pepper, maggi chicken cubes, salt and combine well.
- Cook on low flame for 3-5 minutes.
- Finally sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chilly chicken.
step by step pictorial recipe